The Social Media Imperative: School Leadership and Strategies for Success, Second Edition
Written for education leaders, updated in May 2018, and perfect for a group book study, readers will find…
- Encouragement and support for education leaders working to bring social media into their school systems
- A compelling case for why social media matters to schools
- Understanding the risks and fears of social media in schools
- Steps to develop policy, procedures, and guidelines that manage social media’s risks and leverage its opportunities in a school system
- Examples of how social media can be used in the classroom for teaching and learning
- Best practices for using social media as a communications tool
- Specific strategies for managing challenging situations on social media
Buy the book:
- Available from the publisher in hardcover and paperback. Quantity discounts are also available.
- Paperback and hardcover copies are available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Already reading the book? Click here!
What others are saying…
“In the second edition of The Social Media Imperative: School Leadership and Strategies for Success, Kristin Magette hits a homerun! The need for leaders who embrace and leverage social media for effective communication has never been greater. In our immediate 24/7 world, leaders must be nimble, agile, and ready to lead with modern tools. From #k12PRchat to evidence of effective practices in the workplace, this book is a must-read, top priority for all leaders!”
Michael Lubelfeld, superintendent; comoderator of #SuptChat; author of The Unlearning Leader: Leading for Tomorrow’s Schools Today
“This book is a blueprint for education leaders to build a social media community that is grounded in meaningful and respectful dialogue. Magette examines social media through the lens of a strategic engagement process designed to encourage truth and transparency, while building public trust. It is a must-read for every education leader tasked with the responsibility of communicating with parents and taxpayers.”
Julie Thannum, APR, former president, National School Public Relations Association
“Social media provides the opportunity for truth to be made known. Never have we had the opportunity to promote, enhance, advocate, and communicate our message for public education as we do today through social media. Magette is a national leader in school communications and has paved the way for social currency, asking and answering the right questions. Everything you need to know to ensure success on this journey is encapsulated in this edition.”
Frank Henderson, board of directors, National School Board Association
“Studnets and parents expect schools to engage with them where they are — on social media. The Eudora Schools story shows that embracing social media in schools doesn’t have to be complicated or scary. And this book shows exactly how to overcome risk to deliver enormous rewards for students, teachers, and families.”
Ben Smith, principal of Social:IRL; director of social and emerging media at Callahan Creek; National Social Media Club Advisory Board member