NOW AVAILABLE! Navigating Social Media, an interactive online (and mobile friendly!) course that walks you through the steps to embrace social media in your school system for communications, teaching and learning. You’ll learn the simple steps to build a social-friendly school system that manages risk, empowers employees, boosts engagement and builds trust. In 3-4 hours, you’ll develop a process for managing risk, embracing opportunity and engaging leaders and reluctant colleagues alike. Click here to learn more and sign up!
READ Embracing Social Media: A Practical Guide to Manage Risk and Leverage Opportunity
Written for education leaders and perfect for a group book study, readers will find…
- Encouragement and support for education leaders working to bring social media into their school systems
- A compelling case for why social media matters to schools
- Understanding the risks and fears of social media in schools
- Steps to develop policy, procedures, and guidelines that manage social media’s risks and leverage its opportunities in a school system
- Examples of how social media can be used in the classroom for teaching and learning
- Best practices for using social media as a communications tool
- Specific strategies for managing challenging situations on social media
Buy the book:
- Available from the publisher in hardcover, paperback and enhanced eBook. Quantity discounts are also available.
- Paperback and hardcover copies are available from Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Already reading the book? Click here!
What others are saying…
“With Kristin guiding the way, the Eudora School District is a pioneer in the use of social media as both a communication and learning tool. Instead of giving into fears about social media, Eudora teachers and leaders embraced it through basic risk management. This book is a useful guide for boards of education, administrators, and teachers to embrace the digital world, instead of asking students to leave it at the classroom door.”
John Heim, Executive Director, Kansas Association of School Boards
“Students and parents expect schools to engage with them where they are — on social media. The Eudora Schools story shows that embracing social media in schools doesn’t have to be complicated or scary. And this book shows exactly how to overcome risk to deliver enormous rewards for students, teachers, and families.”
Ben Smith, Principal of Social:IRL, Director of Social and Emerging Media at Callahan Creek, National Social Media Club Advisory Board member
“The closer school communication is to the classroom, the more authentic it is and will become. The district spokesperson and leadership can no longer be the only people controlling the message. School communications professionals need to empower district staff members to help tell the public education story, and social media is a very relevant tool to do so.”
Julie Zwahr, South Central Vice President, National School Public Relations Association
“Kristin Magette provides school districts and teachers a compelling case to explore social media integration, gain better communication strategies with their local communities, and target digital citizenship learning. This practical guide not only discusses the features and benefits of social media for schools, it explores the dynamic classroom opportunities waiting through global collaboration. Any district investigating social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram should have this information and would be wise to read this book.”
Dyane Smokorowski, 2013 Kansas Teacher of the Year