Social media moves quickly — almost as quickly as a day in the life of an education leader! And that’s exactly why I’ve launched a new online course, Navigating Social Media.
Now, in just a few hours and working from any device, educators can learn trusted strategies for social media in schools — from managing risks to leveraging the powerful opportunities for communication, teaching and learning. The self-paced course includes the best content from my book, Embracing Social Media, with additional updated topics, real-world examples and engaging activities that will deliver results.
My Navigating Social Media course is offered on the MassiveU platform, designed with educators in mind. The project-based learning experience leads participants through the process of creating a safe, social-friendly school system, including:
- Understanding the fears and risks of social media in schools
- Developing policies, procedures and professional development
- Building consensus with even the most reluctant colleagues
- Navigating a social media crisis to build trust
- Embracing the wide range of opportunities for teaching and learning
- And more
Two other courses, Media Talk and Power of the Podium, also are available separately, or bundled for a package discount. Click here for more information about any of these courses — or to register and get started.